Monday, September 21, 2009

Beautiful Birthday

I never knew until yesterday how exhausting pulling off a birthday party could be. My little girl turned 2 yrs old and must be extremely loved because 60 people came to her party. We had it at the park in my hometown. It was a beautiful day filled with moments to remember. Kids played at the park, rode bikes and played basketball, while Dad cooked hot dogs for everyone with beans to the side. People who I had'nt seen in years came to celebrate. The party was extremely successful in every aspect. When I layed down in bed last night I teared up about it all. It was not that long ago that I was the girl on the bike playing in the park. Now it is my daughter and the most wonderful thing about it all is that those same people ,minus a few great ones, that celebrated my youth that were there with us yesterday to help her celebrate the beginning of her own. Time has put on his running shoes and if I stop to blink I feel like I will miss something perfect and wonderful happening right in front of me, but all the same I am grateful to know that I am building a strong foundation for her to build her life upon. Happy Birthday Wookie.

No comments:

Post a Comment