Monday, August 31, 2009

Simply Happy

I really do enjoy the simple things. I feel very blessed that I am aware enough of my own being to notice them. It takes more effort than most people realize to just stop and take a moment to be really excited and grateful for the world around you. People spend alot of money on life coaches and self help books to train them to think this way. If I could afford a life coach I would have one too. Lol. The truth of it all is, if you spent five minutes a day being grateful, your life would change. Any motivational speaker, life coach, teacher of "The Secret", even Joel Olsteen would tell you the same thing. Be still for a moment. Use that stillness to reflect on all of the good in your life. Those little thoughts of gratitude mulitply and your half empty glass eventually will overflow with joy. It is an easy concept to embrace. Having a positive attitude will bring positive changes to your life and to the people around you. Joy is contagious. Good deeds and simple acts of kindness are catching. Your life will be as you perceive it. My favorite time of the day is when I taste that first sip of coffee. My favorite time of night is when I am laying by my daughter playing with her hair while she goes to sleep. I spend all of the time in between giving my best effort to smiling. I do my best to be simply happy. Alot of positve things have happened to me these last couple of years. I very much believe it has to do with the way I see myself and my life. I'm grateful for the changes and hopeful for the future. If you just don't feel right make a change. Search for a new perspective and live life to its greatest potential. I recommend Joel Olsteen's Become A Better You (on mp3 becasue his voice makes it even better) for religious and non-religious people. Also, check into The Secret. Don't dimiss it too quickly. It has alot to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment