Thursday, August 27, 2009

Let the Blogging Begin

I have never stuck to keeping up with any of my other blogs, but I believe I will stick this one out. I have recently published my first children's book and I feel it could benefit me greatly to get further involved with online communities. My book, Skeeter Sneeter Doodlebop, was published by Nimblebooks, LLC just this year. If you have kids, know some or just like kid's books (like me) give it a read. If you would like to preview it you can go to www.BookBuzzr.com and there you can actually flip through the pages. For writers out there who want to get word out about your book, they offer a really cool free service that just creates a widget that allows readers to look through it. I also just received approval that my book about manners, also based on Skeeter is going to be published. I'm really enjoing this experience. When I was little I always wanted to be a writer (after giving up on being a rocket scientist). Now here I am 30, just now going to college with my first child and BAM!, fulfilling a childhood dream. It is almost surreal. My best friend, Amy is an extremely talented artist who illustrates the stories. I have dubbed her, "the killastrator". Let's see, what else about me. I like to dabble in paint. I absolutely love black and white photos. I am in college for process technology and am in Phi Theta Kappa. I guess that is it for now. From now on will be just stories, thoughts,websites, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment